In an effort to keep everyone up to date on our schedule, here is a list of volunteer opportunities for the remainder of the Month of March with Forever Fed!
- Friday, March 11th, 9am We’re passing out flyers to the Scott Mill Neighborhood in downtown Canton! Volunteers meet in the parking lot of the Habitat Re-Store in Canton and then distribute flyers around town. This takes about one hour and it’s actually pretty fun. Anytime you combine coffee, laughter, tape, and paper flyers it’s a win-win situation!
- Saturday, March 12th, 12 PM- 3 PM we’re making a meal to serve 150 people on Saturday evening. We meet at Hillside UMC in Woodstock at 12 PM and begin our food prepping fun! We are always looking for choppers, cookers, and dish washers as many hands make light work! Call Susan at 770-329-2081 for more instructions if you’d like to help or click on our volunteer tab to leave us your info and we’ll contact you!
- Saturday, March 12th, 5 PM – 7 PM We’re serving a delicious meal to the Scott Mill Neighborhood in Canton. We start set up at 4:15 PM, serve dinner at 5 PM, start cleaning up and packing up at 6:30 and by 7:15 PM we are usually on the road home! This is a great block party type setting in the parking lot of Canton Adventist Church. http://canton27.adventistchurchconnect.org/index.php and it’s a ton of fun! Click on the volunteer tab and shoot us a note if you’d like to volunteer!
- Tuesday, March 15th 12 PM – 3 PM Forever Fed is working with Breaking Bread Ministries of Hillside Church to prep 250 sack dinners for the children and volunteers attending Kid’s Bible Club on Tuesday night. If you’d like to assist with this meal prep please give Susan a call at 770-329-2081 or click on the volunteer tab.
- Tuesday, March 15th 6PM-7:30 Forever Fed partners with Breaking Bread Ministries of Hillside Church in serving 250 sack dinners to the kids and volunteers of Kid’s Bible Club in Woodstock at Crossroads Church. Because we are serving a large number of children we need to know in advance if you will be helping with this event. Please click on the volunteer tab and let us know you are coming!
- Saturday, March 19th, 9 AM We’re serving breakfast at the new Homeless Shelter on HWY 140. This is the first day of thier free medical clinic held by Woodstock First Baptist. We’re expecting 200+ guests! If you would like to assist with this event please visit the volunteer tab and let us know, we’ll contact you with more details!
- Sunday, March 20th 9 AM -10:30 We’re serving breakfast to the @ 75 residents of Northwoods Apartments in Canton. We arrive at 9 AM for set up, serve from 9:30-10:30 and then we pack up quickly and attend Church! We’d love to have your help just let us know you are coming by clicking on the volunteer tab!
- Sunday, March 27th 3 PM We’re loving on the ladies of Iglesia Emmanuel in Canton GA. Iglesia Emmanuel reaches out to the women of Canton/Waleska community and Forever Fed provides a tasty meal for them to enjoy and fellowship together. Click on the volunteer tab and let us know if you’d like to help!
- Monday, March 28th 6 PM-7PM We’re providing a meal for the mothers and children attending Kid’s Bible Club outreach at Hearthstone Apartments in Canton. (This is the Cherokee County Family Violence Center facility for families fleeing from domestic violence). This event requires a few extra “details” because of the setting and we require all volunteers to sign up through the website. If you’d like to assist with this event please click on the volunteer tab and let us know you wish to take part and we’ll contact you with details!