Are you looking for something fun to do for the summer? Well Forever Fed has just the thing for you AND your kids!
During the summer months children who normally receive subsidized lunches at school often go without proper nutrition because they live in food unstable homes. This is where Forever Fed kicks in! Our goal is to grasp every opportunity we can to increase our serve so these precious kids are well fed because proper nutrition is essential for growing minds and bodies!
As a result our June calendar is filled to overflowing as we are serving meals on 13 days in the month of June and WOW do we need you!
There are many ways you can help.
- Visit our volunteer tab on this website and sign up to assist with meal preparation OR meal serving at a few events. The coolest thing about this is it will only take a few short hours of your time.
- Make a donation! Take a look at this list below to get an idea of the amount of groceries we’ll have to gather for the month of June. You can make a monetary donation to cover the cost of supplies or you can donate some juice boxes or cases of water to help us out! These are just some of the things we’ll need to get through the month of June.
- 1350 Non-Chocolate Granola Bars
- 1350 Juice Boxes and/or Capri Sun Drinks
- 600 peices of fresh fruit
- 1350 non-chocolate snacks (crackers, cookies, nuts, etc)
- 600 bottles of water (the kids get a cold bottle of water for their ride home from VBS)
- 1200 sandwiches (Mostly made with lunch meat and a slice of cheese because it provides us with an opportunity to get a serving of dairy and protien into the kids)
The Groceries listed above do not even include the supplies needed for our regular events such as food, paper products, foil pans, Etc.
As you can see June will be a busy month so if you’d like to assist us in filling any of the needs above we’d love to have your help!
To God be the Glory!