I cared for a man with Parkinson’s Disease for three years, he was a true man of God. We read his favorite Bible Story “David and Goliath” countless times while we were together in fact it was the last thing I read to him before he passed. As I returned to the story for the hundredth time this morning the words just jumped off the page to show me a pattern in David’s life. Proof that God’s word is living and active and never returns void. (OR–I guess this could be proof that I’m a “slow learner” :0)
As I was asking God to help me see where I should go today and asking Him to show me the path HE designed for me to take while leading this ministry, He showed me His design through David in 1 Samuel 17.
David was an unlikely candidate to win a battle against a giant.
- People thought we were nuts when we told them what the Lord had laid on our hearts. In fact, I’ve no doubt that some of our readers still think we’re nuts! It’s all good because I like nuts.
David recognized the need.
- We educated ourselves on poverty, our community, possible solutions.
David answered the call to arms.
- We chose “active obedience” to the call rather than “armchair prayers”
David attempted to fight the battle in the traditional way by wearing the Kings armor but discovered the battle could not be fought because he was weighed down with ill fitting armor.
- We discovered the traditional approach to feeding hungry people would not work for the specific battle we were given to fight.
David went into the valley to face Goliath
- We ventured out into the community to size up our giant and meet it face to face.
David looked the giant in the eyes and said, “I’m going to defeat you, the Lord’s help is all I need, HE will deliver you into our hands”.
- WE PRAYED, we walked neighborhoods, we met residents, we prayed some more.
When Goliath drew near to meet David, David RAN to meet the giant.
- After hashing and re-hashing the process…we decided to “just do it” and scheduled our first event on August 13th, 2010.
David defeated the Giant.
- Forever Fed to this day has held 6 events and served over 750 meals .
David carried Goliath’s head around to give glory to God and show what God had done.
- While this website is really great, Forever Fed still needs your help! Please help us spread the word about the work of our ministry and help us raise an army of people to help us slay this giant each and every week!
There is a certain reality to the story of David and his life as he sought God’s own heart. That reality is that David fought numerous battles with an army of warriors fighting beside him throughout his entire life. While he had some less than stellar moments and a few failures and personal losses along the way, David continued to seek God’s and he chose to fight the good fight!
Thank You so much for your generous support, prayers, and many hours of service! We cannot fight this battle alone. Please continue to support Forever Fed with your prayers, gifts, and service. This battle is not ours, it is Gods. We are simply his soldiers being sent out to do a job here on Earth. We have a very busy schedule this fall and we need every prayer, every dollar, and every helping hand we can muster to fight the good fight!
I’ve said before that I’m not sure anything we ever do here on Earth impresses God, because He’s God, creator of all things. But I do know that everything HE does impresses me!
I pray that you will choose to fight the good fight and I encourage you to glorify God with you’re your life!
Glory Days my friends, God truly has it all!