In order to serve our community in the safest way possible, Forever Fed has transitioned our food distribution away from a Mobile Food Pantry visiting multiple locations to operating on very few larger campuses. The new guidelines are listed below and will be in place until the State of GA lifts the State of Public Health Emergency in reaction to the COVID-19 Virus.
Making Appointment for Drive Thru Pantry
Guests may now receive food by visiting one of our Drive-Through Pantries. Groceries will be pre-packed and placed inside the trunk or back of your vehicle. Guests will need to obtain an appointment through our Signup link at the bottom of this page. We will distribute food using very strict rules.
Please note the following Restrictions
- Clients must arrive on campus and remain in their vehicles at all times.
- Social Distancing Rules will be enforced. Our volunteers will not come into contact with our guests.
- There will be no access to the building for restrooms or any other reason.
- Absolutely NO DROP OFF clients traveling on foot will be served. All clients must remain in their vehicles.
- LIMITS APPLY: One household may receive food from Forever Fed twice each month. If you are experiencing exceptional hardship, please contact us at 678-883-3314 and leave a voice mail. Please know we are experiencing a high volume of calls. It may be a day or two before your call is returned. We will make allowances on a case by case basis if our food supply can accommodate additional disbursements.
- Each vehicle is limited to 2 households. Two families may share a vehicle but each family must have an appointment for that day’s pantry to receive food.
- Food will be disbursed only to families with appointments for the pantry they visit. No exceptions to this rule will be made.
- Please make sure your trunk has space for the foods you receive. Clients with non-functioning trunks will be directed to a designated area and will have to load their own foods. No Exceptions. If your trunk doesn’t function with a latch release, please assure you have a passenger in your vehicle that can lift 20-pound boxes of food.
- You may pick food up for a friend or neighbor who is ill if they have an appointment for a pantry. You will need to bring a copy of their picture ID and a dated signed note stating “I allow (your name) to pick up food for me today.” The address on their ID must match the address given when the appointment was made.
- You are greatly loved. Please remember God provides for our every need! We are thankful for the opportunity to serve. Kindness will rule at our events. We reserve the right to serve appreciative clients who follow these rules with kindness.