The Health of our volunteers and clients is our top priority.
Forever Fed is acting under recommendations from the World Health Organization, CDC and our local authorities working to improve our ability to plan, adapt and respond to updates and recommendations while continuing to serve our community. We are taking extra precautions to maintain a clean and healthy facility, increased distribution of cleaning supplies and have an action plan in place with our staff and volunteers.
This plan will continue to be evaluated and updated as events progress and is based on recommendations from the CDC and associated agencies at the forefront of the response to ensure the most accurate and timely information.
We currently need volunteers to assist us with packing food boxes for distribution.
- Due to the present State of Public Health Emergency all volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
- Due to COVID Related Public Health concerns, Forever Fed has set limits on the number of volunteers working together at any given time. This is for everyone’s safety and welfare. Our COVID Response Team of volunteers assists with Forever Fed events multiple times each month. By limiting the number of individuals engaged in service we hope to decrease everyone’s exposure to multiple sources of the COVID-19 virus. All volunteers wear masks and gloves while serving with us.
- All volunteers must sign up through our volunteer website and complete the volunteer waiver prior to serving with us.
- All volunteers should be in good health, be able to lift up to 20 pounds independently and have no symptoms of a communicable illness. This includes but is not limited to fever, sniffles, cough, sore throat, stuffy nose, and/or headache.
- If you wish to become part of our COVID RESPONSE Team of volunteers serving with Forever Fed multiple times each month and if you are 18 years old or older,
Forever Fed is taking some basic steps to help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus disease and keep our volunteers and clients healthy.
Key safety elements Forever Fed promises to provide currently include:
- Consistent thorough disinfecting of our facility to minimize any risk of contamination Revised daily operations and Mobile Pantry events by implementing Social Distancing best practices at pantries and minimizing unnecessary personal interactions, meetings, and visitors. Our volunteers and staff will not come in physical contact with other volunteers or clients.
- Educating on the signs and symptoms of the coronavirus, precautions that can be taken to minimize the risk of contracting the virus through personal interactions and contact with items/surfaces that could be contaminated.
- We have specified areas to hold and stage local food, supplies and donations to minimize any spread of COVID-19 on hard surface areas to ensure safe handling and distribution
- Ongoing communication & coordination with our local food banks and contingency planning for pantry events to respond and adopt temporary practices and measures
- Providing hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes and spraying the office with Lysol daily; encouraging volunteers to frequently wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, wear gloves, as well as cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Implementing and/or evaluating emergency response protocols and proactive public safety measures.