Forever Fed provides the food and supplies for over 14,000 sack meals to our community each year. We partner with several Children’s Mentoring Programs to alleviate food insecurity in families with children. The sack meals and snacks we provide are more than just nourishment for the body. We partner with agencies who mentor and invest in the overall health and well-being of the children they engage. These foods assist the mentors in bonding with the children while providing encouragement and emotional support. Several of the children’s programs we support offer valuable homework help as well. The true fruit of the nutritional support we offer goes well beyond a full tummy.
Our typical Forever Fed sack meal is delivered in a bag printed with Forever Fed’s logo and contact information. This isn’t so we get credit for the gift. We do this because a family with children receiving our sack lunch has a way to contact us for additional grocery support if they are in dire need. We receive many calls a year because of these bags and we’ve been able to refer some of the families to organizations who can assist them in stabilizing their home environment.
Our typical sack lunch/meal contains a juice drink, salty snack, sweet snack, sandwich, and fruit when it’s available. Due to the food support we receive from the Atlanta Community Food Bank and because of the donations from our local community, we are able to provide these sack lunches for less than $1 per meal.
- We partner with Hillside United Methodist Church’s Summer Lunch program to feed hundreds of children during the summer school break.
- We partner with the “Homework Helpers” group at the Hidden Falls Community lead by two Cherokee County School Teachers. We provide snacks to this group that meets weekly as well as sack lunch supplies during the school breaks throughout the school year.
- We partner with Oak Grove Elementary’s after-school Math tutoring program.
- We partner with Kid’s Bible Club and provide sack lunches to children attending each week throughout the year. We also provide snacks for their summer activities.
- We partner with the Paths to Shine afterschool program in Canton by providing snacks for children attending their mentoring program each week.
- We partner with ET Booth Middle School Fish Club by providing snacks for children attending their weekly meeting.
If your organization has a children’s program that would benefit from sack meal or snack support, please contact Susan@Foreverfed.org.